Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yoga And The Woods

A big motivation to live outdoors for me was the philosophy of yoga meditation and simplicity. Here I am in the mid '80s visiting friends at a campground and taking time out to do a little yoga. Every tent I used I made sure was high enough to sit up in, and I always carried a wool blanket for my asanas.

It was difficult trying to control the mind, in fact I never was successful in gaining the peace and concentration I was looking for, but I tried my best during a period of over 20 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"It was difficult trying to control the mind, in fact I never was successful in gaining the peace and concentration I was looking for, but I tried my best during a period of over 20 years."

I'm impressed with the honesty of this statement. It struck me as strange, since it only takes most practitioners a year or so to establish pretty strong mindfulness and concentration. I wonder what was holding you back?